Using these 5 W & 1 H worksheets makes it easy to identify key details about an event. Students can use these worksheets to quickly and accurately organize the details of a short story, news article, or historical event.
The worksheets also help students understand what they’re studying because they have to sort through and organize details about the topic to complete the worksheet.
Table of Contents
What are the 5 Ws and 1 H?
The 5 Ws and 1 H are a series of questions used to gather information about an event, action, or story. Journalists use this approach to gather the full details of a news story.
Here are the six questions:
- Who was there?
- What happened?
- When did it happen?
- Where did it happen?
- Why did it happen?
- How did it happen?
Answering these six simple questions reveals enough information to allow a student to develop a good understanding of the details surrounding the event or story.
Why Download These Free Worksheets?
Here are five reasons to download these worksheets:
- Students can choose from three different designs. This gives students more autonomy over their work.
- Each of the three designs fits on one page, which saves paper. This is good for the environment and saves money too.
- Limited writing space requires students to summarize using their own words. Writing in their own words encourages students to actively engage with the topic they’re learning about.
- The pages are visually interesting to look at. Many educational worksheets are boring because they lack visually engaging design elements. These are designed to be engaging.
- The design follows the same logical sequence taught in school. In the classroom, students learn the 5 Ws and 1 H in the same order shown on the worksheets. This makes filling out the worksheets easy and reduces learner confusion.
Download the Worksheets Here
Select each image below to download the worksheet. When you select the image, the files will download instantly. No email is required.
As shown in the examples above, each worksheet has a black and white version and a color version.
Each file is covered by our Safe Download Promise.
I hope you find these worksheets helpful. Please feel free to leave a comment below. Happy learning!